Tuition-free K–8 public virtual school
If a traditional classroom isn’t best for your child, Virtual Learning Academy Consortium (VLAC) may be right for your family. VLAC is a public virtual school program for grades K–8 that offers the world-renowned Calvert curriculum.
VLAC is open to students in Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Oakland, Washtenaw and Wayne counties, and provides a well-rounded, rigorous education at home, with support from Oakland Public Schools and Calvert Education.
With Virtual Learning Academy Consortium, you receive:
- A classic, comprehensive curriculum
- A blend of print and online resources
- A flexible schedule that works for your family
- Free support by telephone, email and live chat from experienced, certified teachers
- Step-by-step lesson plans that guide you through each day’s activities